Thursday, March 19, 2015

Surrealism Project 8

I created this image by taking multiple picture of my brother's arm and a picture of his face. I believe I took a total of 10 pictures including the face pic. Even though this image only expresses the texture of the arm, I had to go through a lot of editing to cut the arm out from the background of the picture, and by doing so I used the magnetic tool and carefully trimmed each arm out of its background. I then applied a layer mask for all of the arms that I managed to cut out. By applying a layer mask, it prevented me from making mistake with brushes and erasing. I stacked the arms one on top of each other, while having the background being set as Franklin's face. After moving each layer on to the background, I had to adjust the order of how the arms are arranged because it affects which arm overlaps the other arm. After this I erased parts of the arm so that the features of the face would appear out of his arm. I wanted to apply a feeling that the eyes, nose, and mouth were growing out of his arms. The final step was to have a lens blur on the arm, some arms were shot with different apertures, which exhibits a difference in clearance. The final image was this and to be honest this image that I edited did not go so well, it did not appear to how I imaged it would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment